Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate

Monday, March 7, 2011

What is a good car for a16 year old?



Question: I'm a 16 y/o boy and i'm going to have enough money to purchase my own car for my junior year of high school. I'm curious as to what car I should be looking in to/brand. My budget will range between 10-15,000. Definitely looking for a stylish/sporty car. I was thinking either a mustang, or a pontiac g6. I am looking for a used, and i am aware that i have to be conscious of insurance. and with the mustang it's been my dream car since I was a little kid. i love the 90's model's especially.

Answer: The best option is to get an older, 4 door vehicle, where you can buy liability only. Sport cars for anyone under 25 could be up to $1,000 per month for insurance. Be sure to take Drivers Training for a discount. If you have a GPA of 3.0 (B+) or better, you can also get a "good student" discount. You also will want to consider bundling your auto policy to your parent's policy, where you would benenfit from "multiple car", "auto home" and "good credit" discounts. If you had an accident or ticket, it would not affect your parents policy.

No comments: